* various git-gui updates including new translations, wm states, etc.
+ * "git fetch" over http learned a new mode that is different from the
+ traditional "dumb commit walker".
+ * imap-send can be built on mingw port.
+ * "git diff -B" has smaller memory footprint.
(usability, bells and whistles)
* The object replace mechanism can be bypassed with --no-replace-objects
global option given to the "git" program.
+ * In configuration files, a few variables that name paths can begin with ~/
+ and ~username/ and they are expanded as expected.
+ * "git subcmd -h" now shows short usage help for many more subcommands.
* "git bisect reset" can reset to an arbitrary commit.
* "git checkout frotz" when there is no local branch "frotz" but there
* "git fsck" by default checks the packfiles (i.e. "--full" is the
default); you can turn it off with "git fsck --no-full".
+ * "git grep" can use -F (fixed strings) and -i (ignore case) together.
* import-tars contributed fast-import frontend learned more types of
. to wrap text with the "%w()" specifier.
. to show reflog information with "%g[sdD]" specifier.
+ * "git notes" command to annotate existing commits.
* "git merge" (and "git pull") learned --ff-only option to make it fail
if the merge does not result in a fast-forward.
the shell, which is done by "edit" to give an opportunity to tweak the
+ * In "git submodule add <repository> <path>", <path> is now optional and
+ inferred from <repository> the same way "git clone <repository>" does.
* "git svn" learned to read SVN 1.5+ and SVK merge tickets.
* Author names shown in gitweb output are links to search commits by the
echo O=$(git describe master)
git shortlog --no-merges $O..master --not maint