+* Setting core.sharerepository to traditional "true" value was supposed to make
+ the repository group writable but should not affect permission for others.
+ However, since 1.5.6, it was broken to drop permission for others when umask is
+ 022, making the repository unreadable by others.
* Setting GIT_TRACE will report spawning of external process via run_command().
+* Using an object with very deep delta chain pinned memory needed for extracting
+ intermediate base objects unnecessarily long, leading to excess memory usage.
* Bash completion script did not notice '--' marker on the command
line and tried the relatively slow "ref completion" even when
completing arguments after one.
tree file for it confused "racy-git avoidance" logic into thinking
that the path is now unchanged.
+* The section that describes attributes related to git-archive were placed
+ in a wrong place in the gitattributes(5) manual page.
+* "git am" was not helpful to the users when it detected that the committer
+ information is not set up properly yet.
* "git clone" had a leftover debugging fprintf().
* "git clone -q" was not quiet enough as it used to and gave object count
good thing if the remote side is well packed but otherwise not,
especially for a project that is not really big.
-* The section that describes attributes related to git-archive were placed
- in a wrong place in the gitattributes(5) manual page.
+* "git daemon" used to call syslog() from a signal handler, which
+ could raise signals of its own but generally is not reentrant. This
+ was fixed by restructuring the code to report syslog() after the handler
* When "git push" tries to remove a remote ref, and corresponding
tracking ref is missing, we used to report error (i.e. failure to
MIME multipart mail correctly.
Contains other various documentation fixes.
-echo O=$(git describe maint)
-git shortlog --no-merges $O..maint