- Most of the tags are fetched automatically as branch
- heads are downloaded, but tags that do not point at
- objects reachable from the branch heads that are being
- tracked will not be fetched by this mechanism. This
- flag lets all tags and their associated objects be
- downloaded. The default behavior for a remote may be
- specified with the remote.<name>.tagopt setting. See
+ This is a short-hand for giving "refs/tags/*:refs/tags/*"
+ refspec from the command line, to ask all tags to be fetched
+ and stored locally. Because this acts as an explicit
+ refspec, the default refspecs (configured with the
+ remote.$name.fetch variable) are overridden and not used.
This option controls if and under what conditions new commits of