around 1997), it changed its name to gnuit and the name conflict is no
- NOTE: When compiled with backward compatiblity option, the GNU
+ NOTE: When compiled with backward compatiblity option, the GNU
Interactive Tools package still can install "git", but you can build it
with --disable-transition option to avoid this.
- "ssh" is used to push and pull over the net
- "perl" and POSIX-compliant shells are needed to use most of
- the barebone Porcelainish scripts.
+ the bare-bone Porcelainish scripts.
- Some platform specific issues are dealt with Makefile rules,
but depending on your specific installation, you may not