* "git checkout" and "git rebase" overwrote paths that are marked "assume
+ * "git commit --amend" on a commit with an invalid author-name line that
+ lacks the display name didn't work.
* "git describe" did not tie-break tags that point at the same commit
correctly; newer ones are preferred by paying attention to the
* "git log --abbrev=$num --format='%h' ignored --abbrev=$num.
+ * "git ls-files ../out/side/cwd" refused to work.
+ * "git merge --log" used to replace the custom message given by "-m" with
+ the shortlog, instead of appending to it.
* "git pull" accepted "--dry-run", gave it to underlying "git fetch" but
ignored the option itself, resulting in a bogus attempt to merge
+ * "git reset --hard" started from a wrong directory and a working tree in
+ a nonstandard location is in use got confused.
* "git send-email" lacked a way to specify the domainname used in the
EHLO/HELO exchange, causing rejected connection from picky servers.
It learned --smtp-domain option to solve this issue.
+ * "git show -C -C" and other corner cases lost diff metainfo output
* "git stash" incorrectly lost paths in the working tree that were
previously removed from the index.
* "git status" showed excess "hints" even when advice.statusHints is set to false.
And other minor fixes and documentation updates.
+echo O=$(git describe HEAD)
+git shortlog --no-merges HEAD ^$O