arbitrary filter to contents on check-in/check-out codepath
but this feature is an extremely sharp-edged razor and needs
to be handled with caution (do not use it unless you
- understand the earlier mailing list discussion on keyw
+ understand the earlier mailing list discussion on keywrd
* The packfile format now optionally suports 64-bit index.
needs more than 32-bit to express offsets of objects in the
+* Comes with an updated git-gui 0.7.0
* New commands and options.
- "git bisect start" can optionally take a single bad commit and
- "git blame" uses .mailmap to canonicalize the author name
just like "git shortlog" does.
+ - "git pack-objects" pays attention to pack.depth
+ configuration variable.
+ - "git cherry-pick" and "git revert" does not use .msg file in
+ the working tree to prepare commit message; instead it uses
+ $GIT_DIR/MERGE_MSG as other commands.
- git-p4import has never been installed; now there is an
renamed it. We do not do that when there is no rename, so
+ - The default pack depth has been increased to 50, as the
+ recent addition of delta_base_cache makes deeper delta chains
+ much less expensive to access.
- git-fetch had trouble with a remote with insanely large number
+ - "git clean -d -X" now does not remove non-excluded directories.
echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint