* The message from "git am -3" has been improved when conflict
resolution ended up making the patch a no-op.
+ * "git blame" applies the textconv filter to the contents it works
* "git checkout --orphan newbranch" is similar to "-b newbranch" but
prepares to create a root commit that is not connected to any existing
the result to the commits that are on the ancestry chain between A and
B (i.e. commits that are not descendants of A are excluded).
+ * "git show -5" is equivalent to "git show --do-walk 5"; this is similar
+ to the update to make "git show master..next" walk the history,
* "git status [-s] --ignored" can be used to list ignored paths.
* "git status -s -b" shows the current branch in the output.
* "git diff" could show ambiguous abbreviation of blob object names on
its "index" line (3e5a188).
+ * "git rebase" did not faithfully reproduce a malformed author ident, that
+ is often seen in a repository converted from foreign SCMs (43c23251).
* "git reset --hard" started from a wrong directory and a working tree in
a nonstandard location is in use got confused (560fb6a1).
echo O=$(git describe HEAD)
git shortlog --no-merges HEAD ^maint ^$O