All of the fixes in v1.6.5.X maintenance series are included in this
release, unless otherwise noted.
- * Enumeration of available merge strategies iterated over the list of
- commands in a wrong way, sometimes producing an incorrect result.
- Will backport by merging ed87465 (builtin-merge.c: call
- exclude_cmds() correctly., 2009-11-25).
- * "git format-patch revisions... -- path" issued an incorrect error
- message that suggested to use "--" on the command line when path
- does not exist in the current work tree (it is a separate matter if
- it makes sense to limit format-patch with pathspecs like that
- without using the --full-diff option). Will backport by merging
- 7e93d3b (format-patch: add test for parsing of "--", 2009-11-26).
- * "git shortlog" did not honor the "encoding" header embedded in the
- commit object like "git log" did. Will backport by merging 79f7ca0
- (shortlog: respect commit encoding, 2009-11-25).
echo O=$(git describe master)