+* "git add frotz/nitfol" when "frotz" is a submodule should have errored
* "git apply" took file modes from the patch text and updated the mode
bits of the target tree even when the patch was not about mode changes.
+* "git bisect view" on Cygwin did not launch gitk
* "git checkout $tree" did not trigger an error.
* "git commit" tried to remove COMMIT_EDITMSG from the work tree by mistake.
* "git describe --all" complained when a commit is described with a tag,
+* "git diff --no-index --" did not trigger no-index (aka "use git-diff as
+ a replacement of diff on untracked files") behaviour.
+* "git format-patch -1 HEAD" on a root commit failed to produce patch
* "git fsck branch" did not work as advertised; instead it behaved the same
* "git mv -k" with more than one errorneous paths misbehaved.
+* "git read-tree -m -u" hence branch switching incorrectly lost a
+ subdirectory in rare cases.
* "git rebase -i" issued an unnecessary error message upon a user error of
marking the first commit to be "squash"ed.
-Other documentation updates.
-echo O=$(git describe maint)
-git shortlog --no-merges $O..maint
+* "git shortlog" did not format a commit message with multi-line
+Many documentation updates.