- By default, the commit log message, author name and
- author email are taken from the e-mail without any
- charset conversion, after minimally decoding MIME
- transfer encoding. This flag causes the resulting
- commit to be encoded in utf-8 by transliterating them.
- Note that the patch is always used as is without charset
- conversion, even with this flag.
+ The commit log message, author name and author email are
+ taken from the e-mail, and after minimally decoding MIME
+ transfer encoding, re-coded in UTF-8 by transliterating
+ them. This used to be optional but now it is the default.
+Note that the patch is always used as-is without charset
+conversion, even with this flag.
When the patch contained in an e-mail does not cleanly