- "git send-email" can be told not to thread the messages when
sending out more than one patches.
+ - "git send-email" can also be told how to find whom to cc the
+ message to for each message via --cc-cmd.
- "git config" learned NUL terminated output format via -z to
- "git clone" uses -l (hardlink files under .git) by default when
+ - URL used for "git clone" and friends can specify nonstandard SSH port
+ by using sh://host:port/path/to/repo syntax.
- "git bundle create" can now create a bundle without negative refs,
i.e. "everything since the beginning up to certain points".
recursively descends into trees by default.
- "git diff" does not show differences that come only from
- stat-dirtiness in the form of "diff --git" header anymore. When
- generating a textual diff, it shows a warning message at the end.
+ stat-dirtiness in the form of "diff --git" header anymore.
+ It runs "update-index --refresh" silently as needed.
+ - "git tag -l" used to match tags by globbing its parameter as if it
+ has wildcard '*' on both ends, which made "git tag -l gui" to match
+ tag 'gitgui-0.7.0'; this was very annoying. You now have to add
+ asterisk on the sides you want to wildcard yourself.
- The editor to use with many interactive commands can be
overridden with GIT_EDITOR environment variable, or if it
- "gitweb" had trouble handling non UTF-8 text with older
+ - "git svn" misparsed the data from the commits in the repository when
+ the user had "color.diff = true" in the configuration. This has been
+ - There was a case where "git svn dcommit" clobbered changes made on the
+ SVN side while committing multiple changes.
- "git-write-tree" had a bad interaction with racy-git avoidance and
inconsistency was introduced somewhere in v1.3.0 series but now has
-echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
-git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint
+ - "git rebase -m" incorrectly displayed commits that were skipped.