* "git ls-remote" learned to respond to "-h"(elp) requests.
+ * "mediawiki" remote helper can interact with (surprise!) MediaWiki
+ with "git fetch" & "git push".
* "git merge" learned the "--edit" option to allow users to edit the
merge commit log message.
between commits in the superproject that has and does not have the
submodule in the tree without re-cloning.
- * "mediawiki" remote helper can interact with (surprise!) MediaWiki
- with "git fetch" & "git push".
+ * "git upload-archive" (hence "git archive --remote") can be built
+ and used on mingw port of Git.
* "gitweb" leaked unescaped control characters from syntax hiliter
Unless otherwise noted, all fixes in the 1.7.7.X maintenance track are
included in this release.
- * We used to drop error messages from libcurl on certain kinds of
- (merge be22d92eac8 jn/maint-http-error-message later to maint).
- * Error report from smart HTTP transport, when the connection was
- broken in the middle of a transfer, showed a useless message on
- (merge 6cdf022 sp/smart-http-failure later to maint).
* HTTP transport did not use pushurl correctly, and also did not tell
what host it is trying to authenticate with when asking for
with too many refs were unnecessarily slow.
(merge 17d68a54d jp/get-ref-dir-unsorted later to maint).
- * "git fetch --prune" was unsafe when used with refspecs from the
- (merge e8c1e6c cn/fetch-prune later to maint).
* Report from "git commit" on untracked files was confused under
- (merge 2548183b jk/name-hash-dirent later to maint).
- * The attribute mechanism did not use case insensitive match when
- core.ignorecase was set.
- (merge 6eba621 bc/attr-ignore-case later to maint).
- * "git bisect" did not notice when it failed to update the working tree
- to the next commit to be tested.
- (merge 1acf11717 js/bisect-no-checkout later to maint).
- * "git config --bool --get-regexp" failed to separate the variable name
- and its value "true" when the variable is defined without "= true".
- (merge 880e3cc mm/maint-config-explicit-bool-display later to maint).
- * "git remote rename $a $b" were not careful to match the remote name
- against $a (i.e. source side of the remote nickname).
- (merge b52d00aed mz/remote-rename later to maint).
- * "git diff --[num]stat" used to use the number of lines of context
- different from the default, potentially giving different results from
- "git diff | diffstat" and confusing the users.
- (merge f01cae918 jc/maint-diffstat-numstat-context later to maint).
+ (merge 395c7356 jk/name-hash-dirent later to maint).
* "git merge" did not understand ":/<pattern>" as a way to name a commit.
- * "git mergetool" learned to use its arguments as pathspec, not a path to
- the file that may not even have any conflict.
- (merge 6d9990a jm/mergetool-pathspec later to maint).
- * "git pull" and "git rebase" did not work well even when GIT_WORK_TREE is
- set correctly with GIT_DIR if the current directory is outside the working
- (merge 035b5bf jk/pull-rebase-with-work-tree later to maint).
" "git push" on the receiving end used to call post-receive and post-update
hooks for attempted removal of non-existing refs.
(merge 160b81ed ph/push-to-delete-nothing later to maint).
- * "git send-email" did not honor the configured hostname when restarting
- the HELO/EHLO exchange after switching TLS on.
- (merge 155b940 md/smtp-tls-hello-again later to maint).
- * "gitweb" used to produce a non-working link while showing the contents
- (merge 2b07ff3ff ps/gitweb-js-with-lineno later to maint).
* The logic to filter out forked projects in the project list in
"gitweb" was broken for some time.
(merge 53c632f jm/maint-gitweb-filter-forks-fix later to maint).
+ * The logic to optimize the locality of the data in a pack introduced in
+ 1.7.7 was grossly inefficient.
+ (merge 38d4deb dm/pack-objects-update later to maint).
echo O=$(git describe --always master)
git log --first-parent --oneline --reverse ^$O master