+ * "git blame" did not work well when commit lacked the author name.
* "git branch -a name" wasn't diagnosed as an error.
+ * "git count-objects" did not handle packfiles that are bigger than 4G on
+ platforms with 32-bit off_t.
+ * "git checkout -m other" while on a branch that does not have any commit
+ segfaulted, instead of failing.
* "git fast-import" choked when fed a tag that do not point at a
* "git grep -L" didn't show empty files (they should never match, and
they should always appear in -L output as unmatching).
+ * "git rebase -i" did not abort cleanly if it failed to launch the editor.
+ * "git reset --hard" did not work correctly when GIT_WORK_TREE environment
+ variable is used to point at the root of the true work tree.
* http-backend was not listed in the command list in the documentation.
* Building on FreeBSD (both 7 and 8) needs OLD_ICONV set in the Makefile
* "git checkout -m some-branch" while on an unborn branch crashed.
Other minor documentation updates are included.
-echo O=$(git describe maint)
-git shortlog --no-merges $O..maint