* New commands and options.
+ - "git log --date=<format>" can use more formats: iso8601, rfc2822.
- The hunk header output from "git diff" family can be customized
with the attributes mechanism. See gitattributes(5) for details.
- "git gc --aggressive" tells the command to spend more cycles
to optimize the repository harder.
+ - "git repack" learned a "window-memory" limit which
+ dynamically reduces the window size to stay within the
+ specified memory usage.
- "git repack" can be told to split resulting packs to avoid
exceeding limit specified with "--max-pack-size".
* Updated behavior of existing commands.
+ - "git rm --cached" does not complain when removing a newly
+ added file from the index anymore.
- "git svn dcommit" retains local merge information.
- "git config" to set values also honors type flags like --bool
concatenate them into a single line and treat the result as
+ - "git p4import" has been demoted to contrib status. For
+ a superior option, checkout the git-p4 front end to
+ git-fast-import (also in contrib). The man page and p4
+ rpm have been removed as well.
- old-style function definitions (most notably, a function
echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint