This flag changes the way a merge commit patch is displayed,
in a similar way to the '-c' option. It implies the '-c'
and '-p' options and further compresses the patch output
- by omitting hunks that show differences from only one
- parent, or show the same change from all but one parent
- for an Octopus merge. When this optimization makes all
- hunks disappear, the commit itself and the commit log
- message is not shown, just like in any other "empty diff" case.
+ by omitting uninteresting hunks whose the contents in the parents
+ have only two variants and the merge result picks one of them
+ without modification. When all hunks are uninteresting, the commit
+ itself and the commit log message is not shown, just like in any other
Show the commit itself and the commit log message even