* HTTP transport that requires authentication did not work correctly when
multiple connections are used simultaneously.
+ * Minor memory leak during unpack_trees (hence "merge" and "checkout"
+ to check out another branch) has been plugged.
* In the older days, the header "Conflicts:" in "cherry-pick" and "merge"
was separated by a blank line from the list of paths that follow for
readability, but when "merge" was rewritten in C, we lost it by
* "git push" over smart-http lost progress output a few releases ago;
this release resurrects it.
+ * The error and advice messages given by "git push" when it fails due
+ to non-ff were not very helpful to new users; it has been broken
+ into three cases, and each is given a separate advice message.
* The insn sheet given by "rebase -i" did not make it clear that the
insn lines can be re-ordered to affect the order of the commits in
+ * "git repack" used to write out unreachable objects as loose objects
+ when repacking, even if such loose objects will immediately pruned
* A contrib script "rerere-train" did not work out of the box unless
user futzed with her $PATH.
+ * "git rev-parse --show-prefix" used to emit nothing when run at the
+ top-level of the working tree, but now it gives a blank line.
* The i18n of error message "git stash save" was not properly done.
* "git submodule" used a sed script that some platforms mishandled.