helper script lost all its users and has been removed.
* "git http-push" is known not to work well with cURL library older
- * The next feature release of git (this change is scheduled for v1.6.0)
- will by default install dashed form of commands (e.g. "git-commit")
- outside of users' normal $PATH, and will install only selected
- commands ("git" itself, and "gitk") in $PATH. This implies:
+ * From v1.6.0, git will by default install dashed form of commands
+ (e.g. "git-commit") outside of users' normal $PATH, and will install
+ only selected commands ("git" itself, and "gitk") in $PATH. This
- Using dashed forms of git commands (e.g. "git-commit") from the
command line has been informally deprecated since early 2006, but
- Use of dashed forms with "PATH=$(git --exec-path):$PATH; export
PATH" early in your script is not deprecated with this change.
- Users are strongly encouraged to adjust their habits and scripts now
+ Users are strongly encouraged to adjust their habits and scripts now
+ to prepare for this change.
* The post-receive hook was introduced in March 2007 to supersede
the post-update hook, primarily to overcome the command line length
* Comes with much improved gitk, with i18n.
- * Comes with
"git gui " 0.9. 1 with i18n.
+ * Comes with git-gui 0.9. with i18n.
* gitk is now merged as a subdirectory of git.git project, in
preparation for its i18n.
* "git commit" used to unconditionally strip comment lines that
- began with '#' and removed excess blank lines. This
- behaviour has been made configurable.
+ began with '#' and removed excess blank lines. This behavior has
+ been made configurable.
* "git commit" has been rewritten in C.
* "git status" from a subdirectory now shows relative paths, which
makes copy-and-pasting for git-checkout/git-add/git-rm easier. The
- traditional behavio
ur to show the full path relative to the top of
+ traditional behavior to show the full path relative to the top of
the work tree can be had by setting status.relativepaths
configuration variable to false.
- enhancement and more use of the strbuf API.
+ * Makefile tweaks to support HP-UX is in.
echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint