+* various git-svn updates.
* many uses of lstat(2) in the codepath for "git checkout" have been
* You can give --date=<format> option to git-blame.
-* git-branch -r shows HEAD symref that points at a remote branch in
+* git-branch -r shows HEAD symref that points at a remote branch in
interest of each tracked remote repository.
+* "git-branch -v -v" is a new way to get list of names for branches and the
+ "upstream" branch for them.
* git-config learned -e option to open an editor to edit the config file
* git-fast-export choked when seeing a tag that does not point at commit.
+* git-for-each-ref learned a new "upstream" token.
* git-format-patch can be told to use attachment with a new configuration,
* Output from git-remote command has been vastly improved.
+* "git remote update --prune $remote" updates from the named remote and
+ then prunes stale tracking branches.
* git-send-email learned --confirm option to review the Cc: list before
sending the messages out.
echo O=$(git describe master)
git shortlog --no-merges $O..master ^maint
branch of the `git.git` repository.
Documentation for older releases are available here:
2/git.html[documentation for release 1.6.2. 2]
+* link:v1.6.2./git.html[documentation for release 1.6.2.]