uses some compatibility wrappers to work on AsciiDoc 8. If you have
AsciiDoc 7, try "make ASCIIDOC7=YesPlease".
- Alternatively, pre-formatted documentation is available in
- "html" and "man" branches of the git repository itself. For
- $ mkdir manual && cd manual
- $ git fetch-pack git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git man html |
- $ cp .git/refs/heads/man .git/refs/heads/master
- to checkout the pre-built man pages. Also in this repository:
- would instead give you a copy of what you see at:
There are also "make quick-install-doc", "make quick-install-man"
and "make quick-install-html" which install preformatted man pages
- and html documentation.
- This does not require asciidoc/xmlto, but it only works from within
- a cloned checkout of git.git with these two extra branches, and will
- not work for the maintainer for obvious chicken-and-egg reasons.
+ and html documentation. To use these build targets, you need to
+ clone two separate git-htmldocs and git-manpages repositories next
+ to the clone of git itself.
It has been reported that docbook-xsl version 1.72 and 1.73 are
buggy; 1.72 misformats manual pages for callouts, and 1.73 needs