Facebook Aperture Exporter
This is a simple exporter plugin for Apple's Aperture. I wasn't happy with the built-in syncing Aperture 3 has, and the existing export plugin for Facebook wouldn't work for me. Plus, that author wasn't returning my emails to try and get it to work. So I wrote my own.
This repository hosts the downloads for the plugin. For the source code, more documentation and to report issues, see this repository on GitHub.
- Logging in and out of a Facebook account
- Album creation with privacy and selection (where to upload the photos to)
- High resolution photo uploads to Facebook
- Enabled by uploading large versions to Facebook (choose an export preset that will create 2048 pixels along the largest side)
- Option to use IPTC headline instead of caption as photo title (Issue #9)
- Sparkle updating
- Growl notifications
Known Limitations and Issues
- The export progress information in the Activity panel is pretty much broken. At least you know it is still exporting.
- The caption for a created Facebook album is not set. Still figuring out why that is the case.
Nice Features to Have
- Choose whether to use the Title or Description from each photo to use as the photo's caption on Facebook (currently uses the title).
- Add a tag to all uploaded photos
Usage and Installation
- You need OS X 10.7 (Lion) to use the latest plugin.
- Download the plugin from the downloads page.
- After downloading, put the plugin in the directory
~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export. If the
Plug-Insand / or
Exportdirectories do not exist, create them.
- If Aperture is running, restart it.
- Select the versions to export, choose
File -> Export -> FacebookExporter...