|info:||Download steam-boiler_ to install steam and boiler.|
|description:||Linux Reference Manual|
Typical Installation by Example
Assuming you have installed your favorite flavor of Linux_ and have logged in to a normal user account with 'sudo' admin priveleges. The following shell session demonstrates how a typical installation is accomplished. Open a shell terminal and follow these steps.
1. Make directory (if required) and change directory to where local system software downloads are to be stored. Here we call it 'Source'.
- $ mkdir -pv ~/Source/steam-boiler
- $ cd ~/Source/steam-boiler
2. Download Steam-Boiler and unpack the tarball. The current release distribution archive is: steam-boiler-|version|.tar.bz2.
- $ wget http://bitbucket.org/superstition/steam-boiler/downloads/steam-boiler-49.1.tar.bz2 --no-check-certificate
- $ tar -xvf steam-boiler-|version|.tar.bz2
3. Change directory to where the distribution software was unpacked, configure the build settings, build the software and install Steam-Boiler.
- $ cd steam-boiler-|version|
- $ ./configure
- $ make
- $ sudo make install
configure also accepts some other, not widely useful, options. Run ./configure --help for more details.