Installing Team Fortress 2 Dedicated Server
|info:||Download steam-boiler_ to install steam and boiler.|
|description:||Linux Reference Manual|
Typical Installation in 3 Easy Steps
Assuming you have installed :doc:`Steam-Boiler <install-steam-boiler>` and have logged in to a normal user account. The following shell session demonstrates how a typical installation is accomplished. Open a shell terminal and follow these steps.
1. Make directory (if required) and change directory to where user gameserver downloads are to be stored. Here we call it 'Gameserver'.
- $ mkdir -pv ~/Gameserver/tf-ds
- $ cd ~/Gameserver
- Download dedicated server files from Valve content servers.
- $ steam -command update -game tf -dir tf-ds
Using :doc:`Steam-Boiler <man-boiler>` simplifies the command-line to steam update tf tf-ds instead of steam -command update -game tf -dir tf-ds.
3. Change directory to where the run-script is located and test the dedicated server.
- $ cd ~/Gameserver/tf-ds/orangebox
- $ ./srcds_run -game tf +map tr_dustbowl +ip 0.0.0.0
Use CTRL-C to exit...