This project is now available on Github!
The latest version can be downloaded at: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/palabra
- June 3, 2011: Palabra 0.1.7 has been released! Please look at the CHANGES file (see below) for the latest changes.
- May 18, 2011: The accidental words dialog is not working properly in Palabra 0.1.6. This has been fixed in Palabra 0.1.7.
- May 17, 2011: Palabra 0.1.6 has been released! If you have problems installing, read the instructions below.
- April 21, 2011: To install Palabra 0.1.5 you also need to install python-dev from a repository. If you receive an error about missing distribution options then upgrade your setuptools (a Python way of distributing a program) by running sudo python ez_setup.py -U setuptools.
- April 21, 2011: In Palabra 0.1.5 there is a known issue with highlighting words that causes blocks to disappear. This has been fixed in Palabra 0.1.6 (in development).
- April 19, 2011: Palabra 0.1.5 has been released. If you're running Ubuntu (or similar) then:
- Go to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/palabra and download palabra-0.1.5.tar.gz.
- You'll also need to install python-lxml from a repository (or from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lxml).
- Unzip the contents of palabra-0.1.5.tar.gz somewhere
- Open a terminal window, go to that directory and install using: python setup.py build and sudo python setup.py install.
- You can then run the program from anywhere using palabra.
- Please let me know here if you have any problems with installing, if you have found any bugs or have suggestions for improvement. Thanks! :)
- June 13, 2010: Palabra 0.1.4 publicly announced
For release history, see http://bitbucket.org/svisser/palabra/src/tip/CHANGES
Palabra is a free crossword editor.
For more details, see the README ( http://bitbucket.org/svisser/palabra/src/tip/README ).
Palabra 0.1.7 - Main Window
Palabra 0.1.4 - New Puzzle Window
Palabra 0.1.4 - Puzzle Properties Window
Note: this manual was written for Palabra 0.1 and may need to be updated.
- Creating a new puzzle
- Opening and saving the puzzle
- Editing the puzzle
- Exporting the puzzle
- Viewing and setting the properties of the puzzle
- Closing the puzzle and quiting the program
- Undoing and redoing actions
- View menu
- Editing clues
- Editing the appearance of the puzzle
- Setting the symmetry option
- Grid operations