- Clean up file permissions and remove shebangs from scripts not intended to be executed on the command line. (contributed by :bbuser:`ralphbean`)
- Worked on some brittle tests.
- Received updates to Japanese translation of the documentation from :bbuser:`t2y`.
- Fix the test script and runner so the user's $WORKON_HOME is not erased if they do not have some test shells installed. (big thanks to :bbuser:`agriffis`).
- If the hook loader is told to list plugins but is not given a hook name, it prints the list of core hooks.
- Merge several fixes for path and variable handling for MSYS users from :bbuser:`bwanamarko`. Includes a fix for :bbissue:`138`.
- Change :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` so it catches both -h and --help.
- Fix some issues with the way temporary files are used for hook scripts. (contributed by :bbuser:`agriffis`)
- Allow relative path to requirements file with :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` and -r option. (:bbuser:`barberj`)
- Make whitespace consistent. (:bbuser:`agriffis`)
- Make project_dir a local variable so that :ref:`command-cdproject` does not interfere with other variables the user might have set. (contributed by :bbuser:`slackorama`)
- Fix typo in documentation reported by Nick Martin.
- Change trove classifier for license "MIT" to reflect the license text presented in the documentation. This does not indicate a change in the license, just a correction to the expression of that intent. See :ref:`license` (contributed by :bbuser:`ralphbean` as fix for :bbissue:`134`)
- Extend :ref:`command-rmvirtualenv` to allow removing more than one environment at a time. (contributed by :bbuser:`ciberglo`)
- Change the definition of virtualenvwrapper_get_site_packages_dir to ask distutils for the site-packages directory instead of trying to build the path ourselves in the shell script. This should resolve :bbissue:`112` and improve support for Python interpreters other than C Python. Thanks to Carl Meyer and Dario Bertini for their contributions toward the fix.
- Fix some packaging issues that made it more difficult to run the tests directly from the sdist package. (:bbissue:`126`)
- Add Python 3 support, thanks in large part to the efforts of Daniel Kraus (:bbuser:`dakra`). Tested under Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.2.
- Remove the initialization shortcut because it breaks tab completion in sub-shell environments like screen and tmux. (:bbissue:`121`)
- Add -a option to :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` to associate a new virtualenv with an existing project directory. Contributed by Mike Fogel (:bbuser:`mfogel`).
- Drops support for Python 2.4 and 2.5. The tools may still work, but I no longer have a development environment set up for testing them, so I do not officially support them.
- Shortcut initialization if it has run before.
- Set hook log file permissions to be group-writable. (:bbissue:`62` reported by :bbuser:`hedgeddown`)
- Add VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PROJECT_FILENAME variable so the .project file used to link a virtualenv to a project can be renamed to avoid conflicts with other tools. (:bbissue:`120` reported by :bbuser:`arthuralvim`)
- Incorporated patch to add -d option to :ref:`command-add2virtualenv`, contributed by :bbuser:`miracle2k`.
- Add -i option to :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv`.
- Add :ref:`command-mktmpenv` command for creating temporary environments that are automatically removed when they are deactivated.
- Fixed a problem with hook_loader that prevented it from working under Python 2.5 and 2.4.
- Fix a problem with the way template names were processed under zsh. (:bbissue:`111`)
- Change the shell function shell definition syntax so that ksh will treat typeset-declared variables as local. No kidding.
- Merge the "project directory" features of the virtualenvwrapper.project plugin into the main project, adding :ref:`command-mkproject`, :ref:`command-cdproject`, and :ref:`command-setvirtualenvproject` commands.
- Add -r option to :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` to install dependencies using a pip requirements file.
- Move setup code for tab completion later in the startup code so all of the needed variables are configured. (:bbissue:`97`)
- Expand tab completion for zsh to work for all commands.
- When testing for WORKON_HOME during startup, dereference any symlink to make sure it is a directory.
- Set VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_HOOK_DIR and VIRTUALENV_WRAPPER_LOG DIR in virtualenvwrapper_initialize after WORKON_HOME is set (:bbissue:`94`).
- Update the :ref:`install-basic` instructions to be more explicit about needing to install virtualenvwrapper globally (or at least outside of a virtualenv).
- Fix problem with space in WORKON_HOME path (:bbissue:`79`).
- Fix problem with argument processing in lsvirtualenv under zsh (:bbissue:`86`). Thanks to Nat Williams (:bbuser:`natw`) for the bug report and patch.
- If WORKON_HOME does not exist, create it. Patch from Carl Karsten (:bbuser:`CarlFK`). Test updates based on patches from Matt Austin (:bbuser:`maafy6`) and Hugo Lopes Tavares (:bbuser:`hltbra`).
- Merge in contributions from Paul McLanahan (:bbuser:`pmclanahan`) to fix the test harness to ensure that the test scripts are actually running under the expected shell.
- Merge in new shell command :ref:`command-toggleglobalsitepackages` from Paul McLanahan (:bbuser:`pmclanahan`). The new command changes the configuration of the active virtualenv to enable or disable the global site-packages directory.
- Fixed some tests that were failing under ksh on Ubuntu 10.10.
- Document the :ref:`VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV <variable-VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV>` variable.
- Implement suggestion by Van Lindberg to have :ref:`VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_HOOK_DIR <variable-VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_HOOK_DIR>` and :ref:`VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_LOG_DIR <variable-VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_LOG_DIR>` variables to control the locations of hooks and logs.
- Enabled tab completion for :ref:`command-showvirtualenv` (:bbissue:`78`).
- Fixed a problem with running :ref:`command-rmvirtualenv` from within the environment being removed (:bbissue:`83`).
- Removed use of -e option in calls to grep for better portability (:bbissue:`85`).
- Hard-code the version information in the setup.py and conf.py scripts. This still doesn't work for http://readthedocs.org, since the doc build needs the sphinxcontrib.bitbucket extension, but will make it easier to transition the docs to another site later.
- Attempted to make the doc build work with http://readthedocs.org.
- Merged in Japanese translation of the documentation from Tetsuya Morimoto.
- Incorporate a suggestion from Ales Zoulek to let the user specify the virtualenv binary through an environment variable (:ref:`VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV <variable-VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV>`).
- Fixed virtualenvwrapper_get_python_version (:bbissue:`73`).
- Fixed a problem with hook script line endings under Cygwin (:bbissue:`68`).
- Updated documentation to include a list of the compatible shells (:ref:`supported-shells`) and Python versions (:ref:`supported-versions`) (:bbissue:`70`).
- Fixed installation dependency on virtualenv (:bbissue:`60`).
- Fixed the method for determining the Python version so it works under Python 2.4 (:bbissue:`61`).
- Converted the test infrastructure to use tox instead of home-grown scripts in the Makefile.
- Point release uploaded to PyPI during outage on doughellmann.com.
- Make :ref:`command-workon` list brief environment details when run without argument, instead of full details.
- Added get_env_details hook.
- Added Spanish translation for the documentation via Manuel Kaufmann's fork at http://bitbucket.org/humitos/virtualenvwrapper-es-translation/
- Fixed improper use of python from $PATH instead of the location where the wrappers are installed. See :bbissue:`41`.
- Quiet spurrious error/warning messages when deactivating a virtualenv under zsh. See :bbissue:`42`.
- Add support for ksh. Thanks to Doug Latornell for doing the research on what needed to be changed.
- Test import of virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader on startup and report the error in a way that should help the user figure out how to fix it (:bbissue:`33`).
- Update :ref:`command-mkvirtualenv` documentation to include the fact that a new environment is activated immediately after it is created (:bbissue:`30`).
- Added hooks around :ref:`command-cpvirtualenv`.
- Made deactivation more robust, especially under ksh.
- Use Python's tempfile module for creating temporary filenames safely and portably.
- Fix a problem with virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options that caused it to show * as the name of a virtualenv when no environments had yet been created.
- Change the hook loader so it can be told to run only a set of named hooks.
- Add support for listing the available hooks, to be used in help output of commands like virtualenvwrapper.project's mkproject.
- Fix mkvirtualenv -h option behavior.
- Change logging so the $WORKON_HOME/hook.log file rotates after 10KiB.
- Fixed :bbissue:`32`, making virtualenvwrapper.user_scripts compatible with Python 2.5 again.
- Fixed :bbissue:`29`, to use a default value for TMPDIR if it is not set in the user's shell environment.
- Rewrote hook management using Distribute entry points to make it easier to share extensions.
- Added cpvirtualenv command [Thomas Desvenain]
- Fix a problem with error messages showing up during init for users with the wrappers installed site-wide but who are not actually using them. See :bbissue:`26`.
- Split up the tests into multiple files.
- Run all tests with all supported shells.
- Merged in changes to cdsitepackages from William McVey. It now takes an argument and supports tab-completion for directories within site-packages.
- Add license text to the header of the script.
- Resolve a bug with the preactivate hook not being run properly. Refer to :bbissue:`21` for complete details.
- Automatically create any missing hook scripts as stubs with comments to expose the feature in case users are not aware of it.
- Better protection of $WORKON_HOME does not exist when the wrapper script is sourced.
- Incorporate lssitepackages feature from Sander Smits.
- Refactor some of the functions that were using copy-and-paste code to build path names.
- Add a few tests.
- Fix problem with add2virtualenv and relative paths. Thanks to Doug Latornell for the bug report James Bennett for the suggested fix.
- Incorporate patch from Sascha Brossmann to fix a :bbissue:`15`. Directory normalization was causing WORKON_HOME to appear to be a missing directory if there were control characters in the output of pwd.
- Remove warning during installation if sphinxcontrib.paverutils is not installed. (:bbissue:`10`)
- Added some basic developer information to the documentation.
- Added documentation for deactivate command.
- Added documentation updates provided by Steve Steiner.
- Merged in changes to cdvirtualenv from wam and added tests and docs.
- Merged in changes to make error messages go to stderr, also provided by wam.
- Better error handling in mkvirtualenv.
- Remove bogus VIRTUALENV_WRAPPER_BIN variable.
- Wrap the virtualenv version of deactivate() with one that lets us invoke the predeactivate hooks.
- Fix virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options for colorized versions of ls and write myself a note so I don't break it again later.
- Convert test.sh to use true tests with shunit2
- Fix :bbissue:`5` by correctly handling symlinks and limiting the list of envs to things that look like they can be activated.
- Check return value of virtualenvwrapper_verify_workon_home everywhere, thanks to Jeff Forcier for pointing out the errors.
- Fix instructions at top of README, pointed out by Matthew Scott.
- Add cdvirtualenv and cdsitepackages, contributed by James Bennett.
- Enhance test.sh.
- Optimize virtualenvwrapper_show_workon_options.
- Add global postactivate hook.
- Pull in fix for colorized ls from Jeff Forcier (:bbchangeset:`b42a25f7b74a`).
- Add more hooks for operations to run before and after creating or deleting environments based on changes from Chris Hasenpflug.
- Corrected a problem with change to mkvirtualenv that lead to release 1.8 by using an alternate fix proposed by James in comments on release 1.4.
- Fix for processing the argument list in mkvirtualenv from jorgevargas (:bbissue:`1`)
- Move to bitbucket.org for hosting
- clean up TODO list and svn keywords
- add license section below
- More zsh support (fixes to rmvirtualenv) from Byron Clark.
- Add completion support for zsh, courtesy of Ted Leung.
- Fix some issues with spaces in directory or env names. They still don't really work with virtualenv, though.
- Added documentation for the postactivate and predeactivate scripts.
- Includes a new .pth management function based on work contributed by James Bennett and Jannis Leidel.
- Includes a fix for a nasty bug in rmvirtualenv identified by John Shimek.