Distribute is only released as a source distribution.
-It can be installed using easy_install or pip, and can be done so with the source
-tarball, the eggs distribution, or by using the ``distribute_setup.py`` script
+It can be installed using pip, and can be done so with the source tarball,
+or by using the ``distribute_setup.py`` script provided online.
``distribute_setup.py`` is the simplest and preferred way on all systems.
Notice this file is also provided in the source release.
Run easy_install or pip::
- $ easy_install -U distribute
-If you want to install the latest dev version, you can also run::
- $ easy_install -U distribute==dev
-This will get the latest development version at: http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/get/0.6-maintenance.zip#egg=distribute-dev
Distribute can be removed like this:
-- run ``easy_install -m Distribute``. This will remove the Distribute reference
- from ``easy-install.pth``. Otherwise, edit the file and remove it yourself.
- remove the ``distribute*.egg`` file located in your site-packages directory
- remove the ``setuptools.pth`` file located in you site-packages directory
- remove the easy_install script located in you ``sys.prefix/bin`` directory