A long polling front-end for the very cool YakRiak.
Just for fun, yo.
It makes use of the following projects:
- Mono - Open source, cross platform .NET implmenetation.
- Manos de Mono - a lightweight, fast, evented webserver.
- Riak - Dynamo-inspired database.
- YakRiak, a web based chat application entirely hosted in Riak.
- CorrugatedIron, a .NET Riak client.
- Newtonsoft.Json, why is this not part of the .NET BCL?
- YakRiak.NET, an example project for CorrugatedIron.
- Manos de Mono
(All have excellent documentation for setting up on a range of platforms)
Building ManosYakRiak itself is very easy, you just need to run make from the root directory.
The Riak clusters are configured in the config/riak.config file, by default they are setup to point to dev Riak nodes that come with Riak.
The server can be run with a make task.
$ make run
Generating load and Listening in
There are scripts for listening and generating load which can be run as make tasks
$ make load
$ make listen