REST API Blueprint
As described in the overview, this project is an exploration into how best to create a REST API using Python (version 2.7) and the excellent micro-web framework Flask. The goal is to use this Example App to provide a clean exposition with code of my current (but ever evolving) tastes in the following areas:
- Automatically testing the API.
- Documenting the API.
- Authentication scheme.
- Versioning the API.
- Supporting different capabilities depending upon access rights.
- Full and standard support for the HTTP status codes.
- Supporting "web hooks" (URL callbacks).
- Ensuring Performance
- Separating the concerns of the REST API from the underlying model, entities, and workflow.
- Guidance on naming resources.