pyglet provides an object-oriented programming interface for developing games and other visually-rich applications for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
pyglet requires one of the following operating systems:
Windows XP or Vista
Mac OS X 10.3 or later
Linux, with the following libraries (most recent distributions will have these in a default installation):
- OpenGL and GLX
- GDK 2.0 or later (required for loading images)
- Gstreamer 0.10 or later (required for audio and video)
pyglet requires either:
- Python 2.4 with ctypes installed
- Python 2.5
If you're reading this README from a source distribution, install pyglet with:
python setup.py install
There are no compilation steps during the installation; if you prefer, you can simply add this directory to your PYTHONPATH and use pyglet without installing it.
Alpha release known issues
This is an alpha release, meaning it is feature-complete but not yet ready for production use. This alpha release:
- Lacks documentation
- Has incomplete audio support on Windows XP
- Has other known issues that will be fixed before Beta, please see the issue tracker at http://code.google.com/p/pyglet/issues/list for details.
Please provide bug reports to the issue tracker listed above, or post to the mailing list at http://groups.google.com/group/pyglet-users