Temporal Gisplay has the following special characteristics:
- Interaction with zoom and pan operations.
- Filter data with legend, with multiple available legends.
- Multiple projections, which enable the simultaneous visualization of spatial region physically separated like Portugal and it's islands.
- Multiple background maps, which is the only component that needs a connection with a server.
- Temporal data with a temporal controller.
Right now, the Temporal Gisplay has the following thematic maps:
To use the Temporal Gisplay API, the programmer has a set of options available. The API tries to provide the best defaults in terms of cartography and data visualization based on the current best practices.