(codename Malzeug, released May 06, 2008)
- Lexers added:
* Darcs patches
* Matlab sessions
* Python 3
* S, S-plus, R statistics languages
- In the LatexFormatter, the *commandprefix* option is now by default
'PY' instead of 'C', since the latter resulted in several collisions
with other packages. Also, the special meaning of the *arg* argument
to ``get_style_defs()`` was removed.
- Added ImageFormatter, to format code as PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP.
(Needs the Python Imaging Library.)
- Support doc comments in the PHP lexer.
- Handle format specifications in the Perl lexer.
- Fix comment handling in the Batch lexer.
- Add more file name extensions for the C++, INI and XML lexers.
- Fixes in the IRC and MuPad lexers.
- Fix function and interface name highlighting in the Java lexer.
- Fix at-rule handling in the CSS lexer.
- Handle KeyboardInterrupts gracefully in pygmentize.
- Added BlackWhiteStyle.
- Bash lexer now correctly highlights math, does not require whitespace
after semicolons, and correctly highlights boolean operators.
- Makefile lexer is now capable of handling BSD and GNU make syntax.
(codename Herbstzeitlose, released Oct 14, 2007)
- Lexers added:
* Literate Haskell
* Common Lisp
* Various assembly languages
* Gettext catalogs
* Squid configuration
* Debian control files
* MySQL-style SQL
- Lexers improved:
* Greatly improved the Haskell and OCaml lexers.
* Improved the Bash lexer's handling of nested constructs.
* The C# and Java lexers exhibited abysmal performance with some
input code; this should now be fixed.
* The IRC logs lexer is now able to colorize weechat logs too.
* The Lua lexer now recognizes multi-line comments.
* Fixed bugs in the D and MiniD lexer.
- The encoding handling of the command line mode (pygmentize) was
enhanced. You shouldn't get UnicodeErrors from it anymore if you
don't give an encoding option.
- Added a ``-P`` option to the command line mode which can be used
to give options whose values contain commas or equals signs.
- Added 256-color terminal formatter.
- Added an experimental SVG formatter.
- Added the ``lineanchors`` option to the HTML formatter, thanks to
Ian Charnas for the idea.
- Gave the line numbers table a CSS class in the HTML formatter.
- Added a Vim 7-like style.
(released Jun 27, 2007)
- Fixed POD highlighting in the Ruby lexer.
- Fixed Unicode class and namespace name highlighting in the C# lexer.
- Fixed Unicode string prefix highlighting in the Python lexer.
- Fixed a bug in the D and MiniD lexers.
- Fixed the included MoinMoin parser.
(codename Maikäfer, released May 30, 2007)
- Lexers added:
* Haskell, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop
* Redcode, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop
* D, thanks to Kirk McDonald
* MuPad, thanks to Christopher Creutzig
* MiniD, thanks to Jarrett Billingsley
* Vim Script, by Tim Hatch
- The HTML formatter now has a second line-numbers mode in which it will
just integrate the numbers in the same ``<pre>`` tag as the code.
- The `CSharpLexer` now is Unicode-aware, which means that it has an
option that can be set so that it correctly lexes Unicode identifiers
allowed by the C# specs.
- Added a `RaiseOnErrorTokenFilter` that raises an exception when the
lexer generates an error token, and a `VisibleWhitespaceFilter` that
converts whitespace (spaces, tabs, newlines) into visible characters.
- Fixed the `do_insertions()` helper function to yield correct indices.
- The ReST lexer now automatically highlights source code blocks in
".. sourcecode:: language" and ".. code:: language" directive blocks.
- Improved the default style (thanks to Tiberius Teng). The old default
is still available as the "emacs" style (which was an alias before).
- The `get_style_defs` method of HTML formatters now uses the `cssclass`
option as the default selector if it was given.
- Improved the ReST and Bash lexers a bit.
- Fixed a few bugs in the Makefile and Bash lexers, thanks to Tim Hatch.
- Fixed a bug in the command line code that disallowed ``-O`` options
when using the ``-S`` option.
- Fixed a bug in the `RawTokenFormatter`.
(released Feb 15, 2007)
- Fixed little highlighting bugs in the Python, Java, Scheme and Apache
- Updated the included manpage.
- Included a built version of the documentation in the source tarball.
(codename Faschingskrapfn, released Feb 14, 2007)
- Added a MoinMoin parser that uses Pygments. With it, you get Pygments
highlighting in Moin Wiki pages.
- Changed the exception raised if no suitable lexer, formatter etc. is
found in one of the `get_*_by_*` functions to a custom exception,
`pygments.util.ClassNotFound`. It is, however, a subclass of `ValueError`
in order to retain backwards compatibility.
- Added a `-H` command line option which can be used to get the docstring
of a lexer, formatter or filter.
- Made the handling of lexers and formatters more consistent. The aliases
and filename patterns of formatters are now attributes on them.
- Added an OCaml lexer, thanks to Adam Blinkinsop.
- Made the HTML formatter more flexible, and easily subclassable in order
to make it easy to implement custom wrappers, e.g. alternate line
number markup. See the documentation.
- Added an `outencoding` option to all formatters, making it possible
to override the `encoding` (which is used by lexers and formatters) when
using the command line interface. Also, if using the terminal formatter
and the output file is a terminal and has an encoding attribute, use it
if no encoding is given.
- Made it possible to just drop style modules into the `styles` subpackage
of the Pygments installation.
- Added a "state" keyword argument to the `using` helper.
- Added a `commandprefix` option to the `LatexFormatter` which allows to
control how the command names are constructed.
- Added quite a few new lexers, thanks to Tim Hatch:
* Java Server Pages
* Windows batch files
* Trac Wiki markup
* Python tracebacks
* and the Befunge esoteric programming language (yay!)
- Added Mako lexers by Ben Bangert.
- Added "fruity" style, another dark background originally vim-based theme.
- Added sources.list lexer by Dennis Kaarsemaker.
- Added token stream filters, and a pygmentize option to use them.
- Changed behavior of `in` Operator for tokens.
- Added mimetypes for all lexers.
- Fixed some problems lexing Python strings.
- Fixed tickets: #167, #178, #179, #180, #185, #201.
(codename Zimtstern, released Dec 20, 2006)
- Added option for the HTML formatter to write the CSS to an external file
in "full document" mode.
- Added RTF formatter.
- Added Bash and Apache configuration lexers (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Improved guessing methods for various lexers.
- Added `@media` support to CSS lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- Added a Groff lexer (thanks to Tim Hatch).
- License change to BSD.
- Added lexers for the Myghty template language.
- Added a Scheme lexer (thanks to Marek Kubica).
- Added some functions to iterate over existing lexers, formatters
- The HtmlFormatter's `get_style_defs()` can now take a list as an
argument to generate CSS with multiple prefixes.
- Support for guessing input encoding added.
- Encoding support added: all processing is now done with Unicode
strings, input and output are converted from and optionally to
byte strings (see the ``encoding`` option of lexers and formatters).
- Some improvements in the C(++) lexers handling comments and line
(released Oct 30, 2006)
- Fixed traceback in ``pygmentize -L`` (thanks to Piotr Ozarowski).
(codename PyKleur, released Oct 30, 2006)
- Initial public release.