faB log of changes on DOOM LEGACY, continued from the day after release
v1.20 of Doom LEGACY.
THE DOOM LEGACY PROJECT Contact: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Project: DOOM Legacy
Web site: http://www.newdoom.com/doomlegacy
Log author: Denis Fabrice
As usual, the neverending story: little bugs to fix this and there..
we have to choose, we want the most stable version for the best
enjoyment..thus... boring bug fixes. I want to have fun!! argh..
Most reported bugs:
- all demons are now translucent (oops!)
- less video modes are detected since I have updated vid_vesa.c
for more compatibility with NT.
- slow turn in high resolutions : Boris has fixed already.
- demos don't record properly, Boris fixed it.
- add keypad arrows for console (for shan tsung great bug reporter!)
- shift in console pops up menu..
Fab lazy boy:
- statusbar draws under the view in fullscreen!!! what a shame.
Todo for next update (very soon!):
- finish EDITING.TXT, WHATSNEW.TXT : the later is a in-depth
review of the changes, boring TNT style.
- put a cool patch on the site as demonstration of sprites in pwad?
Anubis is great.
- restore water at map30 until it has a real editing-support ?
may even add some cheats to play with it, eg: IDFLOOD, flood level :)
- get da hands back in the dirty ASM code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(too much VB5.0 coding)
- comment debug messages (p_setup, p_spec, r_things, r_data)
* console.c : eat the shift keydown, so menu doesn't popup.
* vid_vesa.c : fixed nasty bug with __tb buffer trashed, and video
modes detection was faulty with some graphics cards.
* p_fab.c : Demons are now opaque, for demons/spectres, the MF_SHADOW
bit is used, not per frame (just a line of code removed)
* p_inter.c : changed frag messages, and removed the FUCK word as
requested.. crazy American people.
* d_netcmd.c, r_bsp.c : restored the water, but with a 'water' command,
until it is finished. Also set con_cilpviewtop 10 lines
less so that water don't duplicate console bottom lines.
* console.c : monstruous hack to center the 'I' letter.. modified
the letter's patch leftoffset during the console draw.
* console.c : rewritten CONS_Print, fixed word wrap.
* m_cheat.c : added newline at end of cheat msgs
* st_stuff.c, .. : added viewsize 12, viewsize 11 = fullscreen + overlay
viewsize 12 = fullscreen without overlay.
At last, I'm back to the code!
* i_cdmus.c : started cd audio using Brennan Underwood's BCD library.
* i_cdmus.c : finished cd audio, added open/stop/play/reset/remap/...
added 'cd_update' var, as my friend's crap cd driver
took up to a second just to query cd busy status. In
such case 'cd_update 0', will no more query the cd
but then loop/next track are no more automatic.
* console.txt, legacy.txt : updated for cd commands.
* legacy.txt : added cheat section 'idcd##' and 'idfly' documented.
* faq.txt : added 2 trouble-shoot for cd audio music (bad slow driver,
and need of mscdex).
* p_fab.c : changed 'bloodtime' into a multiplayer variable.
* command.c : added CV_NOINIT so that the 'onchange' function is
not called at the CV_RegisterVar time, for CV_CALL
* r_things.c : add basic skins code, simply check in pwad for
S_SKIN markers, the name of the skin is in the
S_SKIN marker resource. Modified R_AddSpriteDefs
so that a part of it is usable for skins loading
(extracted code into R_AddSingleSpriteDefs)
* m_menu.c : added skin in multiplayer->setup menu.
Todo: send skin change through network, put skin in player struct,
write skin documentation (how to do a skins wad..)
* r_things.c, d_netcmd.c : made skin as network and demo record ok.
skin uses a name, so that people can have
different skins loaded, it doesnt depend on
* p_mobj.c, p_mobj.h : added 'spritedef' override in mobj_t struct so
that dead bodies retain the skin of the player (when the
player respawns, the mobj is detached from the player).
(more or less hack, should have sprite use skin's sprite)
* d_main.c : uses '-deh' too for dehacked, like Boom & DosDoom so that
a batch file can use '-deh' for all ports.
* legacy.txt : added '-nocd', forgot to document it in last update.
* bcd.c, bcd.h : Brennan Underwood fixed the bug, recompiled and
it doesn't crash anymore with Data cd's ! cool!
* d_netcmd.c : fixed with Boris forgot demoversion test in skins
for GotNameAndColor().. screwed older demos.
* d_main.c : do not render statusbar overlay while in Death view
(just looks better have a clear full view when dead)
* p_spec : added 'you found a secret area!' message when secret
sector is found.
* p_mobj.c, p_spec.c : added MF_JUSTHITFLOOR so SpecialSector damage
does instant damage when landing after a jump, you can't
no more escape from lava damage by jumping like a monkey.
* info.c : added 'MT_SMOK' (not same as MT_SMOKE), for smoke puffs
when damaged in lava/slime.
* sounds.c : added 2 water sounds splash and gloop, gloop when entering
water, splash when moving in
* info.c : added MT_SPLASH for water splashes
* f_finale.c : fixed the finale scaling (characters, text & bossback)
* infomobj.c : just noticed in MAP23 the barrels didn't explode when
the mancubus shoot at the player.. in fact the barrels
height changed a while ago from 42 to 30 so they could
be climbed but it didn't work anyway.. the height
still need to be smaller than 42, because the graphics
doesn't correspond to that height, but I've set it to
32 instead of 30 and now they explode with the mancubus
[log not updated until v1.25 release.. beat me]