Note: IceHrm is now fully compatible with PHP 7
Download the latest release https://github.com/gamonoid/icehrm/releases/latest
Copy the downloaded file to the path you want to install iCE Hrm in your server and extract.
Create a mysql DB for and user. Grant all on iCE Hrm DB to new DB user.
Visit iCE Hrm installation path in your browser.
During the installation form, fill in details appropriately.
Once the application is installed use the username = admin and password = admin to login to your system.
Note: Please rename or delete the install folder (<ice hrm root>/app/install) since it could pose a security threat to your iCE Hrm instance.
Upgrade from Previous Versions to Latest Version
Following is a list of features supported in each edition of icehrm
IceHrm Open Source Edition
- IceHrm Core Modules - Both Enterprise and Open source versions developed on same core concept. But the core modules in professional and enterprise versions are more feature rich and updated with latest security improvements.
- Company Information Management - Store and manage details about how companies, departments and branches of the organisation are connected
- Basic Employee Management - Store, manage and retrieve employee information when required
- Time sheets - IceHrm is a timesheet app / Open source timesheet management application to track time spent by employees on various projects
- Attendance Management - IceHrm can be used as a attendance management system effectively for any size a company.
- LDAP Login - Users can share login with company LDAP server
- Travel Management - Module for managing travel requests
#### Advanced Employee Module (from v16.0.OS)
- Update all employee information without having to switch employees.
- Search employee skills, qualifications and other information<br/>easily across whole company.
- Terminate employees while keeping data in system.
- Re-enable temporarily terminated employees with one click.
- Employee archive feature to archive data of terminated employees.
IceHrm Pro Edition | Buy now for 349.49 USD
IceHrm Profession version (in short IceHrmPro) is the feature rich commercial alternative for icehrm open source version. IceHrm Pro supports following features
Following features are supported in IceHrm Pro version in addition to the features supported in open source version.
Sometimes you need to access audit trail for your HRM system. Audit module records all the write actions (which alters your HRM system) of your employees in a quickly accessible and understandable manor. This help you to identify potential issues with the way employees are using the system.
Track Employee Expenses with expense management module.
You can learn more about IceHrm Pro here
To purchase IceHrmPro please visit http://icehrm.com/modules.php
Icehrm training management system is for Module for managing courses, training sessions and employee attendance to training sessions.
IceHrm Hosted Edition Starts from 1498 USD
In addition to pro version features icehrm enterprise hosted edition includes following features
Candidate / Recruitment Management
- Post jobs
- Let candidates apply for these jobs
- Schedule interviews
- Track candidate progress with notes
- Share job links with linkedIn, facebook, twitter and google+ directly from icehrm
More about recruitment module
Your Company Structure (Departments / Branches and other Organization Units)
Company structure module allows you to define the structure of you company by creating parent structure of the company, branches, departments and other company units. Also it provides a graphical overview of how each of your company units are interconnected.
Employees module is used to list, edit, add and search employees in your company. You can use the search box to search employees by ID, name or department. Also you can use filter button to filter employees by job title, department or supervisor.
Difference Between Users and Employees
A user is a person who can login to icehrm. It’s not required for admin users to have an employee attached but each non admin user must have an associated employee. Having an employee added in icehrm won’t allow the person to login to icehrm. You need to create user with a Manager or Employee user level for that employee to be able to login to the system.
Adding employees to ICE Hrm can only be done by the admin. The employee Id field should have a unique value. In order to complete adding an employee you need to provide job title, employment status and pay grade. These values can be defined in admin: Jobs module.
Once an employee is added to the system you will be asked to create a user for the newly added employee
One of the key features of ICE Hrm, is admins and mangers ability to login as another employee. This feature can be used to apply leaves, add attendance records or update time sheets behalf of other employees.
To login as an employee you can use the switch user icon on employee list or the “Switch Employee” menu in top right hand corner.
In open source version you must switch employee to edit employee basic information like skills and qualifications. But on Pro and Enterprise versions you can directly update employee information through Advanced Employee Management module.
After installation the settings module can be accessed by login in as admin and going to System->Settings
Projects module is used to add clients, projects and assign projects to employees
Each and every project is attached to a client. Because of that, ICE Hrm allow adding clients with basic information. Once clients are added, you can start creating project for these clients. The clients section represent both external and internal clients of the company. That way you can attach each and every project to a client.
Under employee projects tab you can assign projects to employees. You need to add projects to employees to enable them to add time against these projects in time-sheets.
Release note v16.0
- Advanced Employee Management Module is now included in IceHrm Open Source Edition
- LDAP Module which was only available in IceHrm Enterprise is now included in open source also
- Initial implementation of icehrm REST Api for reading employee details
- Improvements to data filtering
- Multiple tabs for settings module
- Overtime reports - now its possible to calculate overtime for employees.compatible with US overtime rules
- Logout the user if tried accessing an unauthorized module
- Setting for updating module names
- Fix issue: classes should be loaded even the module is disabled
- Deleting the only Admin user is not allowed
- Fixes for handling non UTF-8
- Fix for non-mandatory select boxes are shown as mandatory
Release note v15.2
- Overtime Reports
- Overtime calculation for california
- Fix issue: uncaught error when placeholder value is empty
- Log email sending success status
- Fix broken longer company name issue
- Make the application accessible when client on an intranet with no internet connection
- Fix issue: when a module is disabled other modules depend on it stops working
Release note v15.0
- Clear HTML5 local storage when logging in and switching users
- Showing a loading message while getting data from server
- Adding a new field to show total time of each time sheet
- New report added for listing Employee Time Sheets
- Company logo uploaded via settings will be used for all email headers
- Fix issue: default module URL is incorrect for Employees
- Fix date parsing issue in time sheets
- AWS phar is included only when required
Release note v14.1
- Add Quick access menu
- Fix issue: salary module not loading
- Add travel report
Release note v14.0
- IceHrm is now fully compatible with PHP 7
- Improvements to travel management module to change the process of applying for travel requests
- New report add for getting travel requests
- Improvements to user interface
- Bunch of UI improvements including changing menu order and font sizes
- Add a setting to use server time for time zone defined on department that a user is attached to create new attendance records
- Improvements to admin/manager and user dashboard
- Managers allowed to view/add/edit employee documents
- New reports added for employee expenses and travel
- Fix unavailable help links
Release note v13.4
- Fix employee leave report leave type field
Release note v13.0
- Recruitment module
- Allow managers to edit attendance of direct report employees
- Employee switching issue fixed
- Fix terminated employee labels
- Fix issue with punch-in
Release note v12.6
- Charts module
- Code level security improvements
- Employee switching issue fixed
Release note v11.1
- Add/Edit or remove employee fields
Release note v11.0
- Employee data archiving
- Leave cancellation requests
- Adding view employee feature
- Improvements to date time pickers
Release note v10.1
- Integration with ice-framework (http://githun.com/thilinah/ice-framework)
- Option for only allow users to add an entry to a timesheet only if they have marked atteandance for the selected period
- Restricting availability of leave types to employees using leave groups
- Admins and add notes to employees
Release note v9.1
- Add missing S3FileSystem class
- Fix issue: passing result of a method call directly into empty method is not supported in php v5.3
Release note v9.0
- New user interface
- Decimal leave counts supported
Update icehrm v8.4 to v9.0
- Make a backup of your icehrm db
- Run db script "icehrmdb_update_v8.4_to_v9.0.sql" which can be found inside script folder of icehrm_v9.0
- remove all folders except app folder in icehrm root folder
- copy all folders except app folder from new installation to icehrm root folder
Release note v8.4
- Fix leave carry forward rounding issues
- Fix issue: select2 default value not getting set for select2
- Fix issue: email not sent when admin changing leave status
Release note v8.3
- Fix user table issue on windows, this will resolve errors such as: (Note that this fix has no effect on unix based installations)
- Admin not able to view user uploaded documents
- Admin not able to upload documants for users
- Admin can not view employee attendance records
- Employee projects can not be added
Release note v8.2
- Instance verification added
Release note v8.1
- Fixed bug that caused a fatal error in php v5.4
- aws2.7.11 phar file replaced by a aws2.7.11 extracted files
- old aws sdk removed
Release note v8.0
- Admin dashbord module
- If the employee joined in current leave period, his leave entitlement is calculated proportional to joined date
- Improvements to reporting module
- Adding new employee time tracking report
- Join date for employees made mandatory
- Sending welcome email when a user is added
- Let users directly reply to admin user from any email sent out from icehrm
- All the users who are not admins must have an employee object attached
- Upgrade aws sdk to v2.7.11
- Allow employees to change password
- Use only the email address defined under user for sending mails
- Making work_email and private_email fields optional
- Upload dialog close button issue fixed
Release note v7.2
- Some critical vulnerabilities are fixed as recommend by http://zeroscience.mk/en/
Release note v7.1
- Improved company structure graph
- Leave notes implementation � Supervisor can add a note when approving or rejecting leaves
- Filtering support
- Select boxes with long lists are now searchable
- Add/Edit/Delete company structure permissions added for managers
- Add ability to disable employee information editing
- Make loans editable only by admin
- Fix: permissions not getting applied to employee documents
- Fix error adding employee documents when no user assigned to the admin
- Moving all module related code and data into module folders
Release note v6.1
Leave carry forwared related isue fixed
Release note v6.0
- Notifications for leaves and timesheets
- Leave module accrue and leave carry forward
- Employee leave entitlement sub module
- Ability to put system on debug mode
- Allow admins to see documents of all the employees at one place
- Backup data when deleting an employee
- Employee attendance report added
- Changes to time entry form in timesheet module to make time entry process faster
- Admin can make all projects available to employees or just the set of prjects assigned to them using Setting "Projects: Make All Projects Available to Employees"
- Employee document, date added field can not be changed by the employee anymore
About dialog added for admins
- Fix default employee delete issue (when the default employee is deleted the admin user attached to it also get deleted)
- Fix user duplicate email issue
- Fix manager can not logout from switched employee
- Remove admin guide from non admin users
Release note v5.3
- Fix missing employee name in employee details report
Release note v5.2
- Remove unwanted error logs
- Fix attendance module employee permission issue
- Resolve warnings
- Remove add new button from subordinates module
- Adding administrators' guide
Release note v5.1
- Fixing for non updating null fields
Release note v5.0
- New user permission implementation
Adding new user level - Manager
- Fixing remote table loading issue
Release note v4.2
Release note v4.1
- Better email format for notifications
Convert upload dialog to a bootstrp model
- Fix error sending emails with amazon SES
- Fix errors related to XAMPP and WAMPP servers
- Fix php warnings and notifications
- Fix company structure graph issues
- Allow icehrm client to work without an internet connection
- Fix installer incorrect base url issue
- Fix empty user creation issue