News plugin for django-cms 2.x
This plugin was forked from cmsplugin-news prior to be used in vfossorg project. We try to maintain the code sothat it's possible to contribute bug fixes to upstream project.
- Install django-cms (if you haven't done so already)
- NEED UPDATE Checkout cmsplugin-news as an app inside vfossorg project: hg clone https://email@example.com/thuydang/cmsplugin-news
- Add 'cmsplugin_news' to INSTALLED_APPS
- If you're using South execute python manage.py migrate, Otherwise run python manage.py syncdb within your project directory.
- In order to integrate the news-plugin with your website, create a page and add the news application (and optionally the news menu) to it by modifying the relevant "advanced settings" of it. OR
- Put a templatetag which is created to display news entries on the page.
Last tested with
- django-cms-2.2 and 2.3
- django: 1.3.4
- Compatibility fix for Django 1.5
- New maintainer
- RSS/Atom feed
- CMS menu integration
- Upgrade to django-cms 2.2 (and 2.3)
- Moved to beta phase
- Tested with django-cms 2.0 final
- Various bug fixes
- Adds excerpt to news model