TheseFoolishThings - SuperPOM
A feature-rich SuperPOM for building Java projects. It features:
- explicit version configuration for a number of plugins;
- easy configurability by means of pre-defined properties to avoid cut & copy of plugin sections.
A number of profiles, easily activatable, are available for:
- Spring-AOP configuration;
- different kinds of Continous Integration tasks, including a full run of QA tools such as JaCoCo, FindBugs, PMD, etc...
- deploying WARs and locally running them with Tomcat or Jetty;
- creating a Mac OS X bundle for JavaFX applications;
- creating .deb packages for both application and services;
- a customized release cycle, including all requirements for the Maven Central such as signing, with a 'transactional' behaviour (all artifacts, both the DSCM and the Maven artifacts are prepared on the local disk, so they can be uploaded in a second moment);
Remember to customise it
If you use it, please remember to change the
to override those related to the development of this POM.
In order to build the project, run from the command line:
The project can be opened and built by a recent version of the NetBeans, Eclipse or Idea IDEs.
More information can be found on the homepage of the project.
Where can I get the latest release?
You can download source and binaries from the download page.
Alternatively you can pull it from the central Maven repositories:
<dependency> <groupId>it.tidalwave.thesefoolishthings<groupId> <artifactId>superpom</artifactId> <version>-- version --</version> </dependency>
We accept pull requests via Bitbucket or GitHub.
There are some guidelines which will make applying pull requests easier for us:
- No tabs! Please use spaces for indentation.
- Respect the code style.
- Create minimal diffs - disable on save actions like reformat source code or organize imports. If you feel the source ode should be reformatted create a separate PR for this change.
- Provide TestNG tests for your changes and make sure your changes don't break any existing tests by running
mvn clean test.
If you plan to contribute on a regular basis, please consider filing a contributor license agreement. Contact us for more information
Code is released under the Apache Licence v2.