Country-specific Django helpers for Australia.
What's in the Australia localflavor?
- forms.AUPostCodeField: A form field that validates input as an Australian postcode.
- forms.AUPhoneNumberField: A form field that validates input as an Australian phone number. Valid numbers have ten digits.
- forms.AUStateSelect: A Select widget that uses a list of Australian states/territories as its choices.
- models.AUPhoneNumberField: A model field that checks that the value is a valid Australian phone number (ten digits).
- models.AUStateField: A model field that forms represent as a forms.AUStateField field and stores the three-letter Australian state abbreviation in the database.
- models.AUPostCodeField: A model field that forms represent as a forms.AUPostCodeField field and stores the four-digit Australian postcode in the database.
See the source code for full details.
Django's "localflavor" packages offer additional functionality for particular countries or cultures.
For example, these might include form fields for your country's postal codes, phone number formats or government ID numbers.
This code used to live in Django proper -- in django.contrib.localflavor -- but was separated into standalone packages in Django 1.5 to keep the framework's core clean.
For a full list of available localflavors, see https://github.com/django/