This is a library to access Binary Log File (BLF) files from Vector Informatik.
Build on Linux (e.g. Debian Testing)
Building under Linux works as usual:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. make make install DESTDIR=.. make package
Build on Windows (e.g. Windows 7 64-Bit)
Building under Windows contains the following steps:
- Use cmake-gui
- Set "Where is the source code:" to the root directory.
- Set "Where to build the binaries:" to folder "build" below the root directory.
- Configure and Generate
- Open the Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file in the build folder.
- Compile it in Release Configuration.
- Configure cmake option OPTION_BUILD_TESTS
- Use ctest to run unit tests
Further options allow to activate coverage and reports:
- OPTION_USE_GCOV to build with coverage flags
- OPTION_ADD_LCOV to add lcov targets to generate HTML coverage report
The package generation can be triggered using
The following files are part of the source code distribution:
The following files are working directories for building and testing:
The following files are products of installation and building:
- File Append
- There is currently no transition between little/big endian. Current support is only for little endian machines.
- There should be setter/getter methods instead of direct member variable access. Also for bit settings. Use std::chrono for all times
- All pointers should be of type std::unique_ptr to make ownership clear.
- Plausibility checks for length fields. Check all length and version fields of compliance with original files.
- Propagate exceptions from threads to main library, to notify user application, e.g. when reading unfinished files.
- Provide an Unknown object type to be able to read just a blob for all yet unknown object types
- Rename constants in form of ABC_XYZ to AbcXyz to be conform with coding standard. Breaks compatibility.
- Provide getter/setter for AppText::reservedAppText1
- Provide getter/setter for EnvironmentVariable::objectType (ENV_INTEGER, ENV_DOUBLE, ENV_STRING, ENV_DATA)
- Provide getter/setter for J1708Message::objectType (J1708_MESSAGE, J1708_VIRTUAL_MSG)
- Replace CompressedFile with std::fstream. Replace UncompressedFile with std::iostream with custom std::streambuf. Drop AbstractFile and use std::iostream instead.
- Implementation is compatible with binlog API version 7.1.0.
- events_from_converter/*.blf have been converted from asc files using original converter under Windows. binlog API version was 184.108.40.206.
- events_from_binlog/*.blf have been generated using the binlog library under Windows. binlog API version was 220.127.116.11.