SaILS is a free & open source Incident Learning System developed at The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre (TOHCC).
Some of the goals for SaILS are:
- Make it easier for everyone to report incidents electronically (web based)
- Make incident classification easy (causality, detection & origin domain)
- Track the completion of corrective/follow up actions
- Facilitate communication between RaMQIC members (email notification system)
- Easy bulk export of incidents for interoperability with other systems
- Increase transparency (make real-time incident statistics visible to all staff)
SaILS is currently in a beta testing stage at TOHCC and still being actively developed.
SaILS is written in Python using the Django web framework.
Support Forum: http://groups.google.com/d/forum/sails-project