I installed the same package on my win7 x64 laptop with no problem.
It's only on my desktop machine that the problem exists. And there are
no pending updates. And I did try rebooting. It's just that something
is missing from that machine and the error message won't tell me what it
is that's missing. Are there any installation logs that might give me a
Thanks for your help. The issue is resolved. Seeing the log files
helped me to figure out that it was a problem with permissions in the
directory that I was running the installer from. This article gave me
the solution for how to fix the permissions problem.