This bug is for TortoiseHg
with Mercurial-2.1.1, Python-2.6.6, PyQt-4.8.6, Qt-4.7.4 . I hope this is the correct bug tracking system.
I have a repository containing both changesets 33cec7b4b2a9 and 9f4ff37f1577 where 33cec is an ancestor of 9f4ff.
Opening the filter toolbar return the expected result for '33cec7b4b2a9' and for '9f4ff37f1577'.
PROBLEM: searching for '33cec7b4b2a9 or 9f4ff37f1577' does NOT find any results.
I also tried '33cec7b4b2a9::9f4ff37f1577' and got no results.
$ hg log -r "33cec7b4b2a9 or 9f4ff37f1577"
$ hg log -r "33cec7b4b2a9::9f4ff37f1577"
works, however. I tried both the filter toolbar and the revision set query editor (the one opened after hitting '..') with the same success.
Interestingly, the query 'descendants(33cec7b4b2a9) and ancestors(9f4ff37f1577)' works and returns the expected results!