I have a remote repo at bitbucket and had a target set in TortoiseHg pointing to it, but its alias was "bitbucket". I read on StackExchange that you have to use the alias "default" to set a default, so I changed the alias to "default". The alias listed in the Synchronize dialog still said "bitbucket" so I edited it again and changed it to "default' (again). When I hit save this time, I got this error, with a request to report the bug:
** Mercurial version (2.5.2). TortoiseHg version (2.7.1) ** Command: --nofork workbench ** CWD: C:\htdocs\memeracing ** Encoding: cp1252 ** Extensions loaded: ** Python version: 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:24:47) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] ** Windows version: sys.getwindowsversion(major=6, minor=1, build=7601, platform=2, service_pack='Service Pack 1') ** Processor architecture: x64 ** Qt-4.8.4 PyQt-4.9.6 QScintilla-2.7 Traceback (most recent call last): File "tortoisehg\hgqt\sync.pyo", line 1370, in accept File "tortoisehg\util\wconfig.pyo", line 168, in remove File "tortoisehg\util\wconfig.pyo", line 85, in __delitem__ File "mercurial\config.pyo", line 36, in __delitem__ KeyError: 'bitbucket'
Workaround: instead of editing the existing entry, just create a new one to the same URL but use the alias "default". I don't know if this actually