Issue #3404 new
docdiff always fails with "Error comparing X and Y"
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 running under Windows 7 64-bit, TortoiseHg 2.9.2
- Open TortoiseHg commit window
- Double-click on docx file
- "Visual Diffs" dialog comes up with "docdiff" as the default tool.
- Double click on the filename (there is only one)
- One word document opens, then an error dialog appears: "Error comparing C:\Users\Gili\Documents\vtlr\documentation\ServerProtocol.docx and c:\users\gili\appdata\local\temp\thg.fp4dds\vtlr.3.28\documentation\ServerProtocol.docx"
- I tried manually opening these two files without closing the error dialog and they both opened successfully, so it's not clear what is going wrong.
How do I debug this further?