TortoiseHg is a Windows shell extension and a series of applications for the Mercurial distributed revision control system. It also includes a Gnome/Nautilus extension and a CLI wrapper application so the TortoiseHg tools can be used on non-Windows platforms.
Acknowledgement: The TortoiseHg installer for Windows includes the TortoiseOverlays handler, as provided by the TortoiseSVN project.
- 2014-04-01: TortoiseHg 2.11.2 (with Mercurial 2.9.2) released
- 2014-03-04: TortoiseHg 2.11.1 (with Mercurial 2.9.1) released
- 2014-02-04: TortoiseHg 2.11 (with Mercurial 2.9) released
- 2014-01-14: TortoiseHg 2.10.2 (with Mercurial 2.8.2) released
- 2013-12-05: TortoiseHg 2.10.1 (with Mercurial 2.8.1) released
- 2013-11-04: TortoiseHg 2.10 (with Mercurial 2.8) released
- 2013-10-07: TortoiseHg 2.9.2 (with Mercurial 2.7.2) released
- 2013-09-05: TortoiseHg 2.9.1 (with Mercurial 2.7.1) released
- 2013-08-01: TortoiseHg 2.9 (with Mercurial 2.7) released
- 2013-07-10: TortoiseHg 2.8.2 (with Mercurial 2.6.3) released
- 2013-06-02: TortoiseHg 2.8.1 (with Mercurial 2.6.2) released
- 2013-05-03: TortoiseHg 2.8 (with Mercurial 2.6) released
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Command line support via thg
- Debian and RedHat distributions, see Download
- Mac OS X is supported via source install or nightly builds
- Ubuntu / CentOS
Please note that like TortoiseSVN, we recommend to turn off the indexing service on the working copies and repositories, and exclude them from virus scans (on Windows).
- Online Manuals
- TortoiseHg for SVN Users
- KeySequences shortcuts used in various dialogs
- OpenAtLine new feature in 2.0
A Gentle Introduction to Using TortoiseHG on Windows
Bugs and Feature Requests
For any questions or comments on TortoiseHg, please post to mailing lists:
- discussion list: for general questions on TortoiseHg (gmane archive)
- developers list: for development on TortoiseHg
- issues list: for issue notifications (read-only)
For contributing to the wiki, look here.