TortoiseHg is a Windows shell extension and a series of applications for the Mercurial distributed revision control system. It also includes a Gnome/Nautilus extension and a CLI wrapper application so the TortoiseHg tools can be used on non-Windows platforms.
Acknowledgement: The TortoiseHg installer for Windows includes the TortoiseOverlays handler, as provided by the TortoiseSVN project.
TortoiseHg has monthly releases, roughly at the same time as Mercurial releases. Our packages have the same version as the most recent Mercurial tag. Every three months is a new feature release, the other releases are for bug fixes and minor improvements. The .2 releases are suggested for optimum stability.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Command line support via thg
- Debian and RedHat distributions, see Download
- Mac OS X is supported via source install or nightly builds
- Ubuntu / CentOS
Please note that like TortoiseSVN, we recommend to turn off the indexing service on the working copies and repositories, and exclude them from virus scans (on Windows).
- Online Manuals
- TortoiseHg for SVN Users
- KeySequences shortcuts used in various dialogs
- OpenAtLine new feature in 2.0
A Gentle Introduction to Using TortoiseHG on Windows
Bugs and Feature Requests
For any questions or comments on TortoiseHg, please post to mailing lists:
- discussion list: for general questions on TortoiseHg (gmane archive)
- developers list: for development on TortoiseHg
- issues list: for issue notifications (read-only)
For contributing to the wiki, look here.