Feel free to add new categories as necessary. See FixedBugs
This is the list of left-over TODOs from the initial port, and some long term ideas. We should be placing new TODOs in the issue tracker.
- multi-selection menu with 'Pull from default', 'Pull -u from default'
- ask for name of new group at creation
- CTRL+drag looks like a copy, but actually performs a move
- qtlib.ExpanderLabel needs to manage its own sub-layout
- multi-select file list
- file/diff toolbar buttons
- entries in branch combo should have the configured branch color
- commit tab SVG should match shell extension icon (or vice-versa)
- paint tag names on right side of description
- longsummary() should take a width and use a glyph when supported
- generic progress bars for most operations, to show busy state
- make graph use the branch colors from the settings config
- Should the command line honor the '--limit n' option, like the gtk version does?
- I don't see a need, but it could generate a limit() revision set filter - sjb
- limit the size (in MB) of the graph data cache. Perhaps an LRU of revisions.
- show patch numbers (in series), and rev numbers of applied
- allow more than one patch to be selected for reordering as a group
- when a reorder was done, and you rename a patch via the cmenu of the list, the reordering shouldn't be undone
- make the dialog show the summary with min 80 chars
- make the patch description a second column
- investigate hgview's recent support for reST in changelog messages
- create a standalone changeset or changeset DAG range viewer
- warn if compressing a merge
- refactor as QWizard
status / wctxactions
- an action for files ending with .rej that opens rejects tool
- give status/wctxactions a cmdui.Runner()
- switch commit and quickop to use status' Runner
- use Qt's filesystem monitor to report when the working folder is dirty
- turn into a QWizard based dialogs
- smarter commit button enabled logic (message entered, file selected, etc)
- add support for tortoisehg.ciexclude (there is a bug for this now)
- spell check (perhaps there's an http service we can use for post-validation?, there is a bug for this)
- in-memory patching / committing chunk selected files (there is a bug for this)
- unicode decode issues
- path validation for ui.editor and similar fields
- new generic extension registration
- more font settings
- connect to thgrepo.configChanged and refresh
- show output/progress by default
- I'm thinking of single-line status, which shows the current activity, e.g. "Sending [PATCH 0/1] xxxx". Maybe I should provide more details, though. - yuja
- clean implementation for --bundle
- replace to/from/cc combo boxes with entry and [...] that opens address book style dialog
- perhaps changeset list could be in a second tab, before preview
- drag and drop revisions from RepoWidget to email dialog.
- Maybe we should add the possibility of collapsing all csets into one patch to the Email dialog? See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.mercurial.general/25328/focus=25340
- keyring doesn't work on KDE (with KWallet). It looks threading issue. See https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/hgtk/issue/1437/gui-freeze-on-suse-linux-after-using
- In the gtk version there's a possibility to assign colors to the usernames in the changelog. Maybe those same colors could be used per user in the annotate window too ? (SJB - this is now complicated by the 32-color restriction in Qsci)
- And the colors in the annotate dialog for not configured users perhaps could be assigned with the same 'logic' as in the changelog
- I could also add an extra page to the setting dialog, for assigning colors to usernames?
- I also see the hgqt changelog does not yet use those username color settings. I could look into that too?
- support annotation of working copy (rev=None); needs changes on Mercurial-side.
- pager for long outputs
- sophisticated 'thg' command, e.g. 'thg grep' to switch task tab.
- accept ctrl+c for command termination
- The widget provides buttons for pushing/popping one or all patches. I miss the two that do 'push/pop up to selected patch' (=qgoto).
- It should be possible to call qfold.py from this widget.
- enhancement 1186 (see https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/hgtk/issue/1186)
- enhancement 1604 (see https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/hgtk/issue/1604)
- pre-defined colors (like gtklib) (most colors will be user-configurable - steve)
- appropriate use of QApplication.setOverrideCursor(QtCore.Qt.WaitCursor)
- Connect repoview clicks to dialog input events (must be non-modal, low priority)
- annotate graph with .hg/bisect.state (low priority)
- Need an encode fail dialog that prompts for an encoding, sets HGENCODING, then retries
- Content encoding for diff / annotate view; Maybe it has fallback list by locale, e.g. 'utf-8, cp932, euc-jp, iso-2022-jp' for ja_JP.
- Set coherent tab order in all dialogs: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/focus.html
- Session management; QApplication::commitData()
- Enforce standard accelerators: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/accelerators.html
- More Mac OS X goodies: http://www.crossplatform.ru/?q=node/298
- use qtlib.getfont interface consistently in all our tools
- add runtime font scaling mechanism
- Update localized documents (as possible) ... I heard Sphinx 1.1 introduces gettext-based i18n system - yuya