Release Notes for TortoiseHg
This wiki page contains last minute notes to users about the releases, which may not be included in the documentation or README files included with the distribution kits. It also contains change information, for users who are interested in what bugs have been fixed, and what features have been added in the current version.
Note that like TortoiseSVN, we recommend to turn off the indexing service on the working copies and repositories, and exclude them from virus scans.
If you are using TortoiseHG from source, we recommend you use the most recent stable releases of TortoiseHG and Mercurial together. TortoiseHg synchronized version numbers with Mercurial at release 3.0, so you should always use the same major revision number of TortoiseHg as Mercurial for any Mercurial version later than 3.0. For older versions of Mercurial, consult the table in OlderReleaseNotes
TortoiseHg 3.8.3 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release.
- extensions: prevent loading blackbox in GUI process (fixes
- matching: do not use indexing to get first revision from smartset
Updates to hgsubversion, hggit, evolve, hgkeyring, and python-keyring (which changed hosting to github)
TortoiseHg 3.8.1 is a feature release. 3.8.0 was skipped since Mercurial tagged 3.8.1 the same day as 3.8.0.
- guifork: disable interaction with tty input (refs
- qtapp: disable interaction with tty on GUI (fixes
- postreview: suggest wiki if reviewboard extension not enabled (fixes
- workbench: fall back to revset query on "go to revision" (fixes
- clone: add a --config extensions.largefiles= option
- paths: always respect the HG environment variable
- updates to packaged dulwich and hgsubversion
TortoiseHg 3.7.3 is a regularly scheduled bugfix release, primarily to pick up security bug fixes in Mercurial 3.7.3.
TortoiseHg 3.7.2 is a regularly scheduled bugfix release, primarily to pick up bug fixes on the stable branch of Mercurial and packaging improvements.
TortoiseHg 3.7.1 is a feature release. TortoiseHg 3.7 was never packaged since there was a hot-fix necessary for Mercurial 3.7.
- cmdui: backport more robust parsing of prompt choices (fixes
- commit: include ignored files if explicitly selected (fixes
- docklog: stop shell expansion if command-line token looks quoted (fixes
- fileview: invert colors of excluded chunks on dark theme (refs #810)
- lfprompt: catch Abort caused by invalid largefiles.patterns (fixes
- merge: don't call other revision as "target" (fixes
- nautilus: fix the extension for Nautilus 3.16+ (fixes
- repowidget: label "reject bundle" button as "cancel" (closes
- repotreeitem: keep root paths in unicode (fixes
- introduce a GUI lock tool
- repowidget: add "Revert all Files" context menu (closes
- settings: resurrect field for ui.editor
- sync: add browse button to the synchronize window (closes
- setup: add support for building OS X application bundles
TortoiseHg 3.6.3 is a regularly scheduled bug fix release.
TortoiseHg 3.6.2 is a regularly scheduled bug fix release.
- repowidget: fix handling of patch.extract() result (hg 3.6) (fixes
- doc: include link to download and use Python 2.7 SWIG bindings
TortoiseHg 3.6.1 is a bug fix release, primarily to pick up fixes in Mercurial in its 3.6.1 tag.
- reporegistry: move warning of opening non-hg repository to common function
- bump major revision number in docs
- mercurial_keyring 0.7.1
- evolve 5.2.1
- dulwich 0.11.2
- hgsubversion tip of stable branch (fixes
- hggit tip
TortoiseHg 3.6 is a major feature release
- mq: suppress original error only if all rejects are resolved (fixes
- osx: adjust icon sizes when add THG_RETINA environment variable is set to True
- repowidget: allow bookmarking applied MQ patch (fixes
- update: handle EnvironmentError in the same way as parameter error
- compress, graft, rebase: provide "shelve" as cleanup option (closes
- mqdock: add menu action to push/pop to the selected patch
- mqdock: add menu and toolbar action to finish patches (closes
- repowidget: change Filter by/Ancestors into Filter by/Ancestors and Descendants