Release Notes for TortoiseHg
This wiki page contains last minute notes to users about the releases, which may not be included in the documentation or README files included with the distribution kits. It also contains change information, for users who are interested in what bugs have been fixed, and what features have been added in the current version.
Note that like TortoiseSVN, we recommend to turn off the indexing service on the working copies and repositories, and exclude them from virus scans.
If you are using TortoiseHG from source, we recommend you use the most recent stable releases of TortoiseHG and Mercurial together. TortoiseHg synchronized version numbers with Mercurial at release 3.0, so you should always use the same major revision number of TortoiseHg as Mercurial for any Mercurial version later than 3.0. For older versions of Mercurial, consult the table in OlderReleaseNotes
TortoiseHg 4.2.1 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release
- compat: replace util.stderr on frozen Windows build (fixes
- compat: wrap scmutil.userrcpath() for hg 4.2 (fixes
- mq: escape patch revision passed to qfinish command (fixes
- qtrun: actually disable pager in GUI by ui.paginate flag (fixes
- run: import getopt.GetoptError directly (fixes
- latest hg-git, mercurial_keyring
TortoiseHg 4.2 is a regularly scheduled (quarterly) feature release, coinciding with Mercurial 4.2
- customtools: do not crash by tool name containing dot (fixes
- revdetails: convert issue patterns to unicode (fixes
- win32: fix XLS hack in docdiff (refs #4540)
- archive: allow to archive "all files touched since X"
- merge: respect 'merge-pattern' config when merging (fixes
- status, repo: remove unnecessary invalidation (fsmonitor compatibility)
- packaged with Mercurial 4.2 + 3 stable commits and one WIX fix commit
- updated keyring and evolution
TortoiseHg 4.1.3 is a special release to pick up security fixes in Mercurial 4.1.3
TortoiseHg 4.1.2 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release
- fix URLs to websites
- Latest evolve and dulwich extensions
TortoiseHg 4.1.1 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release
- fix URLs to website
- Latest keyring extension
TortoiseHg 4.1 is a regularly scheduled (quarterly) feature release, coinciding with Mercurial 4.1
- cmdcore: fix PYTHONPATH to not include ''
- revdetails: fix url/nodeid markup to not capture HTML escapes (fixes
- Latest hgsubversion and evolve tags
TortoiseHg 4.0.2 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release, containing only updates to Mercurial itself.
TortoiseHg 4.0.1 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release
- customtools: add tooltips to hook types dropdown (fixes
TortoiseHg 4.0 is a quarterly feature release
- graph: make annotate/history graph work with a shallow (remotefilelog) repo
- repoagent: light-weight suspend of repository monitor while running commands
- repofilter: adjust branch combo to content every time model changed
- repofilter: do not calculate width of revset combo from contents (fixes
- extension: rename the extension from 'lighthg' to 'thg'
- extension: restrict to only 'view' as a command name
- light-ui: update the windows name to mention TortoiseHg and reponame
TortoiseHg 3.9.2 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release.
There were no changes to TortoiseHg itself in this release, but the installer packages include Mercurial 3.9.2 and many updates to the packaged software libraries. The Windows installers now come with the latest Python release (2.7.10), the latest Qt4 and PyQt4 releases, and updates to several Mercurial extensions including keyring, evolve, and dulwich (hg-git).
TortoiseHg 3.9.1 is a regularly scheduled bug-fix release.
- graphopt: show working copy if any of its parents are in a branch filtering
- sync: reorder SecureDialog.init to avoid too early _updateUi() (fixes
- toposort: avoid crash when tip revision is hidden
TortoiseHg 3.9 is a quarterly feature release, with many improvements to performance on large repositories, and security improvements in Mercurial 3.9. See https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/SecureConnections
- merge: fix missing separator in merge preview output (fixes
- repofilter: do not emit branchChanged if original branch is restored
- repowatcher: compare st_size and st_ctime to detect changes
- repowidget: add status bar to LightRepoWindow (fixes
- run: load template functions from extensions (fixes
- wconfig: patch iniparse to allow :suboption in name
- commit: focus on commit message after branch operation (fixes
- filedata: pass in existing copy information to diff
- fileview: change shortcut keys of parent toggle actions to free Ctrl+n
- icons: doubles the icon sizes on Linux on retina displays (fixes
- init: relabel "Add special files" to avoid confusion with "hg add"
- repofilter: improve branch drop-down performance
- repomodel: new graph layout algorithm for large repositories
- status: reuse working context in WctxModel
- sync: add widget to select minimum TLS protocol
- workbench: add actions to switch tabs by Ctrl+n key (closes
- workbench: add shortcut to toggle visibility of task tab
- updates to mercurial_keyring, evolve, hgsubversion, and hg-git