Copyright (c) 2012, 2013, 2014 TortoiseLabs LLC.
Many components of this software are free but copyrighted. See COPYING.md for exact terms and conditions.
What is it?
Cloudware is a modular framework for building and facilitating customer management and interactions.
The open-source release includes the following modules:
- DNS management
- High-level VPS management (using the TortoiseLabs Edia framework)
- Account lifecycle management
- Invoicing (including generic recurring services and crediting)
- Technical support
- Service status
- Generic bootstrap-based branding module
Additional modules and custom integrations are available, with a fast turn-around time. Contact our sales team for more information.
- Copy panel2_environment.example.py to panel2_environment.py and edit it.
- Run create-all.py.
- Modify start-uwsgi.sh to fit your needs, or use panel2_environment.py as a config file for Apache mod_wsgi. Specific deployment instructions are not covered here.
- Create an account on the application instance after it is deployed on your webserver.
- Run promote-to-admin.py <username> to give them admin access.
- Add cron.py to your crontab like so:
* * * * * (cd /home/cloudware/panel2; python cron.py minutely) &>/dev/null * * * * * (cd /home/cloudware/panel2; python cron.py monitoring) &>/dev/null 0 * * * * (cd /home/cloudware/panel2; python cron.py hourly) &>/dev/null 0 0 * * * (cd /home/cloudware/panel2; python cron.py daily) &>/dev/null
At this point your installation is complete. Individual modules may need manual configuration (such as setting up the DNS servers and replication for the DNS module).
Running the Jobserver
Cloudware has a Jobserver for running tasks using the Edia framework. We simply recommend running the
screen, like so:
$ screen python jobserver.py
This will provide a screen session where you may monitor the performance of the Jobserver.