Stash Data Populator (Atlassian Summit Training 2013)
By default, this data populator will perform the operations below against a Stash instance running at http://localhost:7990/stash
- Create a project named "Summit" and a repository named "summit"
- Clone the stash-summit-vm-scripts repository from Bitbucket and push it to the summit repository in Stash
- Create 20 stash groups - website_group1 to website_group20
- Assign user001-005 to website_group1, user006-010 to website_group2, etc..
- Create a website repository fork called Website_group1 to Website_group20
- Assign read/write permissions to new groups to the reposirtory
- You must have a Stash instance running with at least one administrative user.
- The Stash instance must have a large enough license installed to support the number of users being created.
- Bitbucket must be reachable (unless you have overridden the
IMPORT_REPOSITORY, see "Running" below).
- You must have node.js installed.
Clone this repository and then install it like any other node app:
You can override certain values using environment variables, for example:
IMPORT_REPOSITORY=/Users/tpettersen/src/stash.git REPOSITORY_PERMISSION=REPO_ADMIN node app.js
The full list of supported environment variables are:
|Environment Variable||Default Value||Description|
|STASH_USERNAME||admin||The admin user to authenticate as when calling the Stash REST API.|
|STASH_PASSWORD||admin||The password to use with STASH_USERNAME.|
|STASH_URL||http://localhost:7990/stash/||The Stash server's base URL.|
|GROUP_COUNT||25||The number of groups to create.|
|USERS_PER_GROUP||5||The number of users to create per group.|
|IMPORT_REPOSITORY||https://bitbucket.org/tpettersen/stash-summit-vm-scripts.git||The git repository to push to the Stash server.|
|PROJECT_KEY||SUMMIT||The key used to create the project in Stash.|
|PROJECT_NAME||Summit||The name used to create the project in Stash.|
|REPOSITORY_NAME||summit||The name used to create the repository in Stash.|
|REPOSITORY_PERMISSION||REPO_WRITE||The permission to grant to the newly created groups for their repository fork.|