If you haven't try Closure Tools before, setup can be time consuming and painful. I recommend to read Michael Bolin book's Closure: The Definitive Guide. A good understanding of closure coding pattern is necessary to understand and follow this library codes.
Downloads the following three repos a directory.
svn checkout http://closure-library.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ytkyaw/ydn-db.git git clone https://bitbucket.org/ytkyaw/ydn-base.git
that should create three directories for closure-library, ydn-base and ydn-db.
ant deps to generate closure dependency tree.
Run local apache (recommended) or a static server on that directory.
Use HTML files in the /test folder for getting started. These files are also used for debug development.
Note, we use master track version of closure tools. Compiling with pre-build jar may encounter compile error.
You should able to run /ydn-db/test/all-test.html or run individually. Since all test are async, disable run inparallel check box. These test files are for basic testing and debugging.
Coverage test is performed by JsTestDriver
test. Notice that
ant gen-alltest-js generate jsTestDriver.conf to prepare testing
java -jar JsTestDriver.jar --tests all
End-to-end testing for disteribution can be found in test/qunit folder as well as online [qunit test kits] (http://dev.yathit.com/index/demos.html).
Sending pull request is easiest way. For more, email to one of the authors in the source code.
Few coding dialect we have as follow:
- Preferred variable naming is
notLikeThis. For function name,
- Assume native types (boolean, number, string) are not nullable. If nullable type is used,
it is different from
undefinedfor missing value in native type is encourage over
- Library API should be similar to IndexedDB API and use exact terminology and concept in the IndexedDB specification. So that, people who already familiar with it can pick up immediately as well as go forward with native API.
- Simple operations should be easy to use as well as optimized for it. Also impose user to use efficient methods while making inefficient ways very difficult or impossible.
- For complex query, helper utility functions and classes will be provided. Storage class has deep understanding about these helper classes and do optimization behind the sense.
- Memory efficient and must not use buffer memory. If buffer is used, it must be explicit. Memory leak is unacceptable.
- Provide extensive error and log message in debug mode, spare no expense since we will strip them in production binary. Error and exception should be thrown as soon as possible, preferable before async callback.
- Since this API is very simple, fallback to WebSQL and WebStorage should be straight forward. This library design have no consideration for these storage mechanisms.
Please file an issue for bug report describing how we could reproduce the problem. Any subtle problem, memory/speed performance issue and missing feature from stand point of IndexedDB API will be considered.
You may also ask question in Twitter @yathit.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0