Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
All documentation is in the "docs" directory and online at http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/. If you're just getting started, here's how we recommend you read the docs:
- First, read docs/intro/install.txt for instructions on installing Django.
- Next, work through the tutorials in order (docs/intro/tutorial01.txt, docs/intro/tutorial02.txt, etc.).
- If you want to set up an actual deployment server, read docs/howto/deployment/modpython.txt for instructions on running Django under mod_python.
- You'll probably want to read through the topical guides (in docs/topics) next; from there you can jump to the HOWTOs (in docs/howto) for specific problems, and check out the reference (docs/ref) for gory details.
Docs are updated rigorously. If you find any problems in the docs, or think they should be clarified in any way, please take 30 seconds to fill out a ticket here:
To get more help:
To contribute to Django:
- Check out http://www.djangoproject.com/community/ for information about getting involved.