- Global Digital Format Registry (GDFR) Data Model. Stephen Abrams and Andrea Goethals, Harvard University Library; v.5.0.14; May 22, 2008.
Describing and Modeling Formats
- Format Classification. Stephen Abrams, Harvard University Library; v.1.05; November 09, 2007.
- Format Model and Relationships. Stephen Abrams, Harvard University Library; v. 1.0.7; November 5, 2007.
- Format Registry Ontology. Stephen Abrams; Harvard University Library, March 10, 2003.
- (2003) The original use cases for GDFR were submitted in 2003 by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Harvard University, JISC, JSTOR, MIT, NYU, OCLC, UK National Archives, and the University of Pennsylvania. The full text of these use cases is on this website at http://gdfr.info/docs.html#usecases_2003.
- (2003) A list of services that GDFR should support was compiled by Mackenzie Smith (MIT) based on the above use cases. This service model is documented in Global Format Registry Service Architecture, March 11, 2003.
- (2006-7) OCLC developed a set of use cases for GDFR in 2006-7. They are contained within this document: GDFR Analysis Model, v. 2.0; October 1, 2007.. This document served as the GDFR functional requirements specification.